Orange County ATV Accident Attorneys
Unfortunately, the injuries caused by ATV accidents are often serious and may even be fatal. Because of ATV operators' exposure (similar to a motorcyclist), the potential speed of an ATV in use, and the terrain on which ATVs are operated, the risk of injuries in an accident are much greater compared to other leisure activities, such as bicycle riding. In fact, ATV use is considered more dangerous than 33 other popular physical activities and sports, including football, snowboarding, skateboarding, bike riding, basketball and more.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries caused by ATV accidents, you may wish to consult with a qualified Santa Ana serious accident attorney who can evaluate your case to see if you are eligible to obtain compensation for your injuries, financial losses, and emotional suffering. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us locally at 714-881-0592 or toll free at (866) 434-1424. You can also contact our California law firm online.
Santa Ana Serious Accident Lawyers
As skilled Orange County ATV accident lawyers, we represent people who have sustained ATV accident injuries that include:
- Broken bones and head injuries: The most common nonfatal ATV accident injuries are bone fractures, head injuries (such as concussion) and facial injuries. For example, in 2001, head and facial injuries accounted for 22 percent of all ATV accident injuries in children under the age of 14.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are more serious head injuries that an ATV operator or passenger can sustain in an ATV accident. These injuries are often serious and can result in permanent disability and/or significant changes in behavior, social interactions, emotions, and physical function. Furthermore, brain injuries are one of the most common causes of death in serious ATV accidents. The risk of TBI and other head injuries can be significantly reduced by the use of helmets while operating ATVs.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are another serious type of injury that can occur in an ATV accident. Spinal cord injuries are devastating, often leaving an individual paralyzed with significant limitations in bodily sensation and functioning. They, too, are a leading cause of death in ATV accidents.
- Amputations: Recent studies have found that amputations, often of the toes, fingers, and arms, are possible injuries caused by ATV accidents. These may occur or be required after serious injury caused by crushing or other damage in an ATV accident.
- Other injuries caused in ATV accidents include thoracic and abdominal injuries and asphyxiation.
Contact Our Bone Fracture and Amputation Injury Law Firm in California
If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries in an ATV accident, please call Aitken Aitken Cohn to schedule your free initial consultation. We can be reached at 714-881-0592 or toll free at (866) 434-1424. You can also contact us online.
Source: National SAFE KIDS Campaign (NSKC). ATV Injury Fact Sheet. Washington (DC): NSKC, 2004.