Location: Santa Ana, California
Phone: (866) 434-1424
E-mail: E-mail Me
Atticus Wegman was born and raised in New Hampton, Iowa. Mr. Wegman attended Fresno State University where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, graduating magna cum laude. In college, Mr. Wegman was awarded a scholarship to act as a representative of the California State University system. In an effort to remind our elected officials of the importance of education, he spoke directly with several state legislators regarding the rising tuition costs and the effects that such costs will have on low-income families.
After college, Mr. Wegman attended Chapman University School of Law. During law school, Mr. Wegman was a senior editor of a scholarly law journal and a member of the Mock Trial and Moot Court teams. He was also awarded a scholarship from the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) for demonstrating a strong interest in trial work, having strong written advocacy skills, and possessing strong oral advocacy skills. In addition to his classroom training, Mr. Wegman has had the privilege of interning with local state and federal judges.
In 2008, Mr. Wegman joined Aitken * Aitken * Cohn as a law clerk, focusing on legal research, trial preparation, and case investigation. In 2010, after passing the July bar exam, Mr. Wegman was promoted to an associate at Aitken * Aitken * Cohn. Mr. Wegman specializes in civil litigation with an emphasis in government tort liability, wrongful death, and products liability.
Mr. Wegman is a member of the Orange County Trial Lawyer's Association and has been published in their quarterly publication, The Gavel. He is also an active member of the Orange County Bar Association, Public Law Center, Consumer Attorney's of California, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, Warren J. Ferguson Inn of Court, and serves as a Local Board Member for the Selective Service.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Government Tort Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California
- Honors: Member, Mock Trial and Moot Court Teams
- Honors: Awarded a Scholarship from the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Law Journal: Scholarly Law Journal, Senior Editor
- Fresno State University
- Bachelor of Arts (Magna Cum Laude)
- Major: Political Science
- The Gavel
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Public Law Center, Member
- Consumer Attorney's of California, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Constitutional Rights Foundation of Orange County, Member
- Warren J. Ferguson Inn of Court, Member