Location: Los Angeles, California,
Phone: (866) 434-1424
E-mail: E-mail Me
Mr. Casey Johnson obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, graduating summa cum laude from San Diego State University in 1997, where he was the recipient of the Herbert Peiffer Award for outstanding leadership and motivation, recognizing him as the male student most likely to bring honor to the University.
Mr. Johnson obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from USC Law School in 2002, graduating in the top quarter of his class. While at USC Law School he was a member of the Hale Moot Honor Program, where he was eventually elected to the board to serve as Topic Editor, in which position he was recognized as the Board Member of the Year. He was also the recipient of the Edward S. and Eleanor J. Shattuck Award, recognizing him as one of the six graduating students exhibiting the greatest potential to become an outstanding member of the bar.
In June 2001, Casey began his tenure at Aitken Aitken & Cohn as a law clerk, focusing on intensive research and pre-litigation matters. In July 2002, he was promoted to an associate at Aitken Aitken & Cohn. Mr. Johnson specializes in litigation, with an emphasis on wrongful death, insurance bad faith, premises liability, government tort liability, and medical malpractice. He also specializes in Railroad litigation having served as the firm’s daily handling attorney for the Burlington Northern Collision Cases, for which Aitken Aitken and Cohn was appointed Liaison Counsel by Orange County Superior Court to coordinate all Plaintiffs’ attorneys who have clients who were injured in the April 23, 2002, head-on train collision in Placentia, California. Casey further served as the primary handling attorney for the firm’s twenty clients who were involved in the collision.
Mr. Johnson is a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, currently serving as Treasurer of the organization, and also serves as the Editor of OCTLA’s quarterly publication, The Gavel. He is also a member of the Celtic Bar Association, Orange County Bar Association, Consumer Attorneys of California and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Johnson also serves as a volunteer with the Orange County Constitutional Rights Foundation's Mock Trial and Peer Court Programs, and sits on the Mock Trial Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Premises Liability
- Government Tort Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctorate - May, 2002
- Honors: Top Quarter of his Class
- Honors: Member, Hale Moot Honor Program
- Honors: Recognized as the Board Member of the Year
- Honors: Recipient of the Edward S. and Eleanor J. Shattuck Award
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- B.A. (Summa Cum Laude) - 1997
- Honors: Recipient, Herbert Peiffer Award for outstanding Leadership and Motivation
- Major: Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Celtic Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Orange County Constitutional Rights Foundation's Mock Trial and Peer Court Programs
- Volunteer, Mock Trial Committee